232w ago - News from CodeMii regarding the HomebrewBrowser, I have to say it's simply amazing how much this gets used, more people use this as their way of downloading new apps than by hand, incredible.
To quote: The Homebrew Browser turns 1 today. I have to say that it doesn't feel like it's been a year for me but you can't argue with the release dates.
Along with it comes this quick 1 year anniversary video put together showing the progression of the HBB versions.
- Keep retrying networking initialization
- Now shows the progress when extracting the zip files (thanks Tantric)
- Detects the ftpii directory when using a password like ftpii_mypass
- Keep meta.xml name when updating if it has been edited
- Added more error checking when updating HBB, if updating fails it reverts back to the previous version
- Media category becoming unavailable should now be fixed
- Fixed controller screen to display accurate Dpad information
260w ago - Wii developer teknecal has updated his Homebrew Browser today to version 0.2.5. For those who didn't know, the Nintendo Wii Homebrew Browser allows you to download the latest homebrew applications and games all through your Wii.
You don't need to take your SD card out. You don't even need a computer! You can also delete homebrew you no longer want. No more dead links, no more extracting files, no more finding out that the homebrew application doesn't include an icon.png and meta.xml in the zip file!
- Changed blue tick to yellow tick so it can be seen easier
- Made help and controls window larger
- Free space is now shown at the bottom right of screen
- Added menu when pressing home, can go into settings, reboot the wii or return to loader. Hold the home button to return to loader at any time.
- Added settings which allow you to change when the image files are downloaded; either at startup or on-demand. Can enable or disable the free space text.
- Added update all applications feature. You access this when clicking on the SD card icon. Once you are shown your applications,...
271w ago - As the title says, the Nintendo Wii Homebrew Browser v0.2.3a Update is now available. To quote from the link above:
- Wlan adapter should now work with the HBB
- Applications should now be detected properly
- When applications are downloaded/deleted from the popular category they will now appear correctly in other categories and vice versa