- We've heard some rather interesting rumors from camp Microsoft this year, ranging from the mysterious Lips, to MiiToos aka Avatars, a new Dashboard that might be navigated using a motion controller etc. Microsoft has just wrapped up their E3 press conference in LA, and it's time to see which of those rumors were dead on, and which not so much.
Below is everything that Microsoft announced during the briefing.
* Don Mattrick takes the stage and opens the conference, talks of past successes for Microsoft's Xbox business, and leads in a reel showing Fallout 3.
* Bethesda's Todd Howard takes the stage, plays Fallout 3 on-stage. Announces extensive downloadable content exclusive to Xbox 360 and Games for Windows.
* Jun Takeuchi from Capcom, the producer of Resident Evil 5 takes the stage and demonstrates a live gameplay of the game, including the online co-op mode. Release date announced: March 13 2009.
* Peter Molyneux from Lionhead takes the stage, says (with utter satisfaction) that Fable II is finished. Says "innovation" a lot. Introduces one button press jump-in co-op. Will be released in October.
* Gears of War 2 reel plays. Cliff Bleszinski takes the stage and shows off the 2-player co-op. Shield, flamethrower seen in action, some new wretches-type...