113w ago - Polyphony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has revealed today details on new Gran Turismo 5 PS3 free 2.0 updates, PlayStation 3 DLC and a price drop below!
To quote: If you have been keeping up with GT5, you know Polyphony Digital has been very diligent about releasing free updates to improve the game, especially the online racing mode.
Ever since the launch, Kazunori Yamauchi and his team have been carefully studying posts on forums, reading comments on PlayStation.Blog posts and across Twitter, talking to fans at events, and more. The game has evolved a lot since last November, thanks in part to the dedicated GT fans voicing their opinions.
Now I'm here to share with you some very exciting news about the biggest FREE update yet, releasing in the next few weeks. It will add new features and even more functionality to your GT5 experience.
Polyphony learned that a lot of fans out there love driving using the game's interior view, and has given some serious thought to it. With this new update, all cars in the game will now have interior views.
Although the level of visual details will vary based on what car you choose, you can now race from behind the wheel of any car in the game. In addition,...
130w ago - Sony European Brand Manager Penrose Tackie has announced news today of a GT5 PS3 Update 1.10, which is available now on PSN!
Below are the details, to quote: The good news is that with PSN back up and running we have a new update today for GT5.
Kazunori Yamauchi made it clear at launch back in November that the game would continue to develop and be updated during its life cycle.
This latest update from Polyphony comes in the form of version 1.10 and includes many improvements and new features to welcome players back to online racing via PSN.
As well as addressing a few issues and making a few simple improvements to enhance the GT5 experience, update 1.10 adds some exciting new features such as online event prizes, a simpler way to purchase parts, an improved opponent AI algorithm, an easy way to interrupt and save your progress in championship mode, new racing gear choices and a new music track.
This latest version of GT5 should automatically download when your PS3 is connected to the internet. However, to check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of...
145w ago - Today Gran Turismo 5 PS3 Update 1.07 has gone live, with a complete list of the GT5 PlayStation 3 changes detailed below from the official site (linked above):
Update Notice (1.07)
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5. The main contents of the update are as follows:
[Major Changes and New Features]
• Friend Rankings - In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare your lap times and points with them.
• Performance points (PP), which is an index of a car's overall performance, is now calculated regardless of your tire selection. You can now set performance point restrictions and tire restrictions separately when you race in a lounge.
• Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
• Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.
• Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When...