247w ago - Today a new gameplay video dubbed 'Dealing and Delivering' has been made available by Rockstar for the upcoming Nintendo DS title Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars which hits stores on March 17, 2009.
The video's caption reads as follows:
Get a look at what moving goods around Liberty City will be like for protagonist Huang Lee after hitting the streets on the order of his Uncle, Wu 'Kenny' Lee.
Check it out below, courtesy of GameTrailers. Enjoy!
260w ago - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars looks like it's going to be a pretty fun mesh of old school and new school GTA gameplay. The fact it's one of the few interesting Nintendo DS games that isn't an RPG is also a plus point.
Press Release: Rockstar Games Announces Release Date for Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS™
Critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto franchise makes its DS debut this March
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the release date for Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, the latest entry into the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto series. Developed by Rockstar Leeds, in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available for the Nintendo DS™ on March 17 and 20, 2009 in North America and Europe, respectively.
"Rockstar Leeds have once again created a game that far exceeds our standard for deep and innovative entertainment," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are incredibly excited to share this enormous and uncompromising Grand Theft Auto experience with DS fans."
Edge Magazine commented, "How does Rockstar follow Grand Theft Auto IV? By rebuilding Liberty City from the ground up...
272w ago - Nintendo Power magazine has some new details about the upcoming Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS.
The magazine reveals that the game will have a cel-shaded look and action will be viewed from an isometric perspective. Some details:
- True GTA game - sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative.
- Isometric camera angle
- Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders
- good touch-screen implementation - 'tasteful' minigames, streamlining interface
- UI based on a PDA - hub for email, contacts, map, music player, GPS, stat-tracking
- stats uploaded to Rockstar Social Club website via Wi-Fi
- finger-sized icons
- missions designed for shorter periods of play, arcade quality
- aiming with control pad, auto targeting with R button
- subtle autosteer
- if you fail a mission, you can jump back to the action sequence
- chain gun, flamethrower
- good portion of Liberty City is modeled in the game (different routes than console games)
- no probems with load times, draw-in or frame rate
- lots of pedestrians, cars, etc on screen
- Wanted system - objective is to disable police cars any way possible
- real-time weather effects, 24-hour day/night cycle
- lots of radio...