71w ago - Sony European Brand Manager Penrose Tackie has officially announced today that Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition is coming soon to fans!
To quote: I am pleased to announce today a brand new version of Gran Turismo 5 that will be heading your way early this Autumn to celebrate the fourth year of the collaboration with Nissan on the ground-breaking GT Academy program.
Titled Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition, this rather nice package comes brimming with a whole host of extras, including the following content previously available on PlayStation Store:
• Complete Pack (Car Pack, Course Pack, Special Paint Pack, Racing Gear Pack)
• Car Pack 2
• Car Pack 3 and Course Pack 2
• The Nissan GTR driven in this year's Nurburgring 24 hour race by series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.
The price for this exhilarating bundle of fun? €29.99/£19.99 or your local currency equivalent.
Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had this to say about this special edition package.
GT Academy has captured the imagination of many Gran Turismo fans. It is exciting to watch what Lucas Ordonez, Jordan Tresson, Jann Mardenborough and Bryan Heitkotter in the USA, are achieving in their new racing careers with Nissan.
100w ago - Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced today that the Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition will be hitting PlayStation 3 this month for $39.99.
To quote: I'm happy to announce Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition, a brand-new version of Gran Turismo 5 packed with even more features, functionality, and content.
Here's what you can expect to find inside when it rolls out to stores starting January 17th:
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents
• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
• All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
• Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.
The XL Edition will also feature a new reversible inside coversheet featuring the new Red Bull X2011 supercar, to add a different...
158w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has made available a video today showcasing the unboxing of Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition for PS3.
To quote: Jeff and I got our grubby paws on the first in-house box and have defiled its pristine shrink wrap for your viewing pleasure in the video above. Love that new-car smell!
What does your $99.99 get you? Read on for the full contents. Not enough detail for you? Head over to GranTurismo.com for even more specifics and images.
• Gran Turismo 5 on Blu-ray: 1000+ cars, a wealth of tracks, new Course Maker, stereoscopic 3D, kart racing, and more features than we could possibly list here. Seriously – this game is huge.
• Collectible Diecast Car: Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.
• Exclusive "Apex" Car Guide: 300 pages of advanced GT5 driving techniques, a crash course in modern automotive history, track reference material and much more straight from experts at Polyphony Digital.
158w ago - SCEE Blog Manager James Gallagher has shared a video today revealing what's under the bonnet in the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition for PS3.
To quote: If you haven't already seen something similar from a popular UK retailer *shakes fist* then here is a sneak peek of what you can expect from that glorious moment, seconds after the postman has arrived on 24 November, when you lift the lid on your GT5 Signature Edition.
We shot this video as soon as the first delivery of Signature Editions arrived at SCEE HQ and, before you ask, no I haven't played the game yet. I argued that I should get to keep it, seeing as I've already taken the box out of its plastic and breathed my DNA all over it, but that didn't seem to work.
If anybody else thinks that I should keep that Signature Edition, fight for me in the comments. YES WE CAN!
Edit: as FULLMETAL56 pointed out in the comments, you can win your own Signature Edition by entering the competition at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions.
174w ago - Sony's European Brand Manager Penrose Tackie has announced Gran Turismo 5 Special Edition PS3 details today, as follows:
I am absolutely delighted to be able bring what will hopefully be very exciting news to those patiently (or impatiently) waiting for more information on Gran Turismo 5.
During E3, our American colleagues unveiled their rather tasty looking Collector's Edition. Today I can now confirm the special editions of Gran Turismo that will be heading Europe's way later this year.
First up, we have a very special version of the game; one that, with its artfully sculpted exterior, glossy black finish and meticulously designed premium content, exemplifies everything the Gran Turismo brand has always stood for - beauty and precision.
This version of the game is known as the Signature Edition and the recommended retail price will be €179.99. It contains a whole host of exclusive additional content, which is listed below.
• Metal sculpted box finished in SLS AMG Obsidian Black
• Exclusive GT branded SLS AMG 1:43 model car
• GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card
• Branded USB key with Polyphony/Mercedes-Benz trailer
• GT branded metal key fob
• Signature Edition coffee table...