- Today PlayStation 3 developer andbey0nd
has released a GameData Tool PS3 homebrew application which allows users to install PKG files in their desired locations.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: Today, we get word of a new amazing and very useful app called gameDATA tool, released by developer andbey0nd.
Also we hear from the Dev that this handy app should also work for 3.41 users.
GameDATA app for PS3:
- Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
- Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
- Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
- Allows saving space on internal HDD
How to use after you install gameDATA.pkg:
Make sure that no payloads are loaded (do a clean PS3 restart).
1) If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
2) You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title