158w ago - Today Jack Chen aka anita999 has shared a PlayStation 3 IDA IDC hypervisor dump script on xorloser's blog (linked above) alongside a PS3 Debug / Test Firmware version 3.41 leak from Blackpen0 there as well!
For those curious, the IDA script is used to extract the protection page list of process obj in PS3 Hypervisor dumps.
To quote: For those who are new to HV reversing like I am. Here I made a quick IDC script for those interested in tracing the process protection pages to realize the VA and RA address mapping being used by the process.
You must execute the HV_DUMP.IDC from xorloser first, then apply this IDC later because it requires a opd_table to be defined first. and it’s for 3.15 HV only because that’s the only HV dump I have. process 0 is not extractable. There seems some data missing in the process object of process 0.
181w ago - Although many have sold their Nintendo GameCube to upgrade to a Wii console, according to crediar the GameCube homebrew scene isn't dead as demonstrated in a Starfox Assault backup proof-of-concept iSOLoader video below!
Back when I owned a GameCube, you needed a mod-chip and could only run backup games burned to disc so it appears things have come along over the years on Nintendo's next-gen machine.
The POC video's caption simply reads: "The impossible just became possible!"
Finally, HERE is the USBGecko Log for those curious how it works. Check out the video below and long live the Nintendo GameCube!
Changes in 0.2:
• Increased speed of reloader
• Fixed bug in games like PokeMon XD (Game is protected against hacks)
• Increased speed of audio fix stuff
• Allow to select to start disc itself when using a multi game disc
• Avoid green screen when starting a game (button A)
• Disc change support on startup screen
• Disc change supported for all start methods
• Fixed Kirby's Air Ride
• Fixed non working PAL games on PAL console, when pressing B (e.g. Wario World)
• Support for Freeloader
• Support for Action Replay
• The loader will change the screen format in Wii mode to the screen format of the disc inserted at startup.
248w ago - Nakee over from the official Dolphin Web site has posted some information regarding the bi-weekly release of their Nintendo GameCube and Wii emulator. This time we will be surprised with some new good features