283w ago - Uberjack has released a minor update to fMSX, an MSX series emulator for the PSP designed to run both MSX and MSX2 cartridge files.
In addition to several game-specific bug fixes, version 3.5.35 adds the ability to map any button to the emulator's fast forward function. Additionally, for developers, custom mapper types can now be directly embedded in source code.
* Bugfix - many games, especially MegaROM games did not load correctly in the previous version (thanks Victor)
* Added Fast Forward button mapping - while disabled by default, you can map any button to fast-forward emulation in the Controls menu
* Custom mapper types can now be embedded in source code. This version includes built-in support for Zanac Ex and Mon Mon Monster. Contact me if you'd like to add additional mappings.
* Games/applications that require MSX Audio/MSX Music will no longer crash the emulator if either is disabled in System settings - there will simply be no Y2413/YM8950 audio (PSG and SCC will still render as usual, however)
* ROM type settings are now saved between sessions - up to 500 different ROM's can be tracked by CRC32 value. This adds a slight loading delay when the emulator starts up, as well as a saving delay when the emulator exits (if any changes are made during the session)
The author notes that the aforementioned feature is still experimental and is welcoming any feedback that users may have.
- Corrected MSX Music/MSX Audio labeling in System settings
- MSX Music now correctly refers to FMPAC/YM2413 chip; MSX Audio refers to Y8950 chip. If the emulator was previously freezing with FMPAC audio, double-check to make sure MSX Music is enabled (disable MSX Audio to gain some extra speed) and try again.
* PSP version brought up to par with Marat's official version
* Sound should now function correctly following a state load (in previous versions, sound would often stop)
* MSX MUSIC bug fixed - FMPAC should now be loaded correctly (earlier versions attempted loading from an incorrect location, and thus failed)
* When switching games, latest save state will be automatically highlighted
* MSXMUSIC and MSXAUDIO emulation can now be toggled on and off at any time
* FDD (Floppy Disk Drive) activity indicator - displays an icon whenever the virtual floppy drive is busy
* Optional (and discouraged) hi-resolution renderer for screen modes 6, 7 and text-80