- Today some details have been revealed by industry insider Tidux
(via twitter.com/Tidux/) and also Sony's EU Blog Rep Fred Dutton
(via blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/20/week-playstation-20/#comment-536731) on what is expected to be included in the new PS4 Firmware 1.80 update which features Media Playback and more alongside a release timeframe outlined below.
To quote: "Well known industry insider Tidux strikes again, this time around teasing some interesting details regarding upcoming PlayStation 4 firmware. Tidux via Twitter teased that PlayStation 4 will soon receive some features that are already available on PlayStation 3 along with some new stuff.
When asked some specific details regarding "How SOON" PlayStation 4 owners can expect to hear an official announcement, Tidux replied "Before/Around GamesCom 2014".
- #PS4 will soon have the same features already available on the #PS3. plus some new stuff.
- When is soon? Before gamescom? around that timeframe.
- The next FW update is going to be called 1.8 and it will come around #gamescom2014 #ps4
- No, 1.7 added new functions, 1.71 1.72 1.73 1.74 added stabillity , next vill be 1.8
I asked Tidux, whether or not he can't list those already available PS3 features? he replied:...