- Square Enix Community Project Manager Hergen Thaens
detailed how to upgrade Final Fantasy XIV from PS3 to PS4 today.
To quote: Hello again. It's Friday, the week is almost over, and for some of you, early access on PS4 is about to begin. A weekend full of adventures in Eorzea lies ahead – the first of many!
So, for those of you who have already been playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS3, only one question remains: "How in the world do I upgrade my PS3 version?!"
And this is what we'll help with you, right here, right now.
Some general information before that:
• If you've played Final Fantasy XIV on PS3, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free.
• The upgrade will be available from today until at least the end of the year.
• Make sure that you've logged in on your PS3 version at least once, so it's correctly registered in our systems.
• Remember that you will not be able to access the game from your PS3 anymore after the upgrade to PS4 has taken place!
Step 1: Get Your Promotion Code
Important: the upgrade option is currently scheduled to go live at approximately 1:00 AM Pacific on Friday, April 11th.
1. First of all, log into the [Register or Login to view links]