253w ago - According to pictures below (courtesy of Gemaga, linked above) this eSATA adapter dubbed the PS3 HD Plus PHE-01 latches to the bottom of any PS3 promising connectivity to an external SATA hard disk for some majorly powerful storage capacity.
Sure, there are other ways (such as THIS or THIS) of getting massive amounts of bytes onto the PS3.
One can simply swap in a new internal 2.5" SATA into the system, or even just hook up any old USB hard drive with little hassle; however, the latter won't give the same transfer speed as an eSATA.
From the looks of it, the PHE-01 also comes with an additional four USB ports.
Unfortunately, aside from what can be derived from the pictures there aren't any further details on this product yet... time will tell.
268w ago - Cpasjuste has updated his PSP Custom Firmware Extender plug-in, which allows users to take screenshots in the XMB or while playing a UMD game, record videos in-game, as well as access USB mass-storage and other features.
Version 3.0 includes full support for 5.00 M33 Custom Firmware.
- Copy the content of the "seplugins" folder to the seplugins folder of your memory stick.
- Take a look at the file "cfe.config" under "ms0:/seplugins/cfe" and adjust to your needs.
- Enable cfe_loader.prx under the m33 recovery menu (Hold R while starting the PSP)
in vsh and game.
- Set cpu speed to default under the m33 recovery menu.
302w ago - Update: Cpasjuste has released PSP CFW Extender 2.2, fixing a bug that prevented the music playback function from working. If your PSP still freezes up while loading the music menu, the author recommends installing the FATMS driver patch.
Cpasjuste has updated his Custom Firmware Extender plug-in, which allows users to take screenshots in the XMB (or while playing a UMD game), record in-game videos, as well as access USB mass storage and other various features.
303w ago - Cpasjuste has rolled out a updated to his Custom Firmware Extender plug-in, an all-in-one Custom Firmware plug-in that allows users to take screenshots in the XMB or while playing a UMD game, record in-game videos, as well as access USB mass storage and other various features.
Version 2.0 features full support for 3.90 M33-2 and the 1.5 / 3.40 OE Hybrid Firmware which can be loaded through the recently released TimeMachine application. The author notes that the plug-in has been tested on both Slim and Phat (regular) PSP units. Additionally, numerous bug fixes have been made to the included RemoteJoy module.
* 390 M33-2 and 150_340TM custom firmware now supported (cfe should now work on any firmware),
note that on the 150_340 time machine firmware, the ftpd server will not work,
and RemoteJoy under ISO/HOMEBREW won't work too for now. All other functions should work well.
* Time Machine compatibility: You can now reboot "on the fly" from one time machine firmware to another,
just edit the cfe.config file under "ms0:/seplugins/cfe/" to choose which firmware you will reboot to
by pressing a combo button. Format is the same...
317w ago - Cpasjuste has updated his Custom Firmware Extender plug-in again today, fixing two small bugs and adding an additional configuration parameter to the "cfe.config" file for disabling or enabling text transparency.
* Fixed a stupid bug with nethost in cfe_vsh that was causing to always connect to the
computer IP address "192.168.1.2″
* Fixed a bug with usbhost iso streaming while using normal mode.
* An option is added to the "cfe.config" configuration file to enable or
disable text transparency.