- On XBoxHacker.net (linked above) in a thread by Geremia
have successfully dumped the keys of the newest (previously un-moddable) XBox 360 LiteOn DVD drives.
The Liteon 83850-v2 and Liteon 93450 DVD Key can now be dumped. With that DVD key, you can install any flash-able DVD drive to that XBox 360.
was the one who recognized that with JT we can read the DVD key of this dump. The Firmwares of both LiteOn drives are nearly the same, and so JT could decrypt it, as follows:
: Today I made some progress too. I was able to dump the O-FW of a 74850. So here is how it works (although I just tried it with one drive til now):
• Lift pin 101 and 122
• Solder a cable to pin 100, pin 101 and one to 3,3V
• Use a 2-way switch which either connects 101 to 3,3V or to 100
• Put the switch into the position so that it connects 100 to 101
• Power drive
• Start Dosflash, it will recognise the SPI with Status x72
• If you read it out now, it will just give you a .bin full of FFFFFFFF, but thats OK, this is how we tricked the Flash Controller to think the SPI is empty
• Put the switch in the other position (so that 101 is connected to 3,3V)
• Now read...