114w ago - Today Sony European Product Manager Adam Grant has shared some PlayStation Vita details including the box design and PS Vita launch apps below.
To quote: I am the European Hardware Product Manager for PS Vita and I am excited to share with you the final box design for both PS Vita Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi and 3G models which were first unveiled at Tokyo Game Show.
Those of you that have managed to get a hands-on experience at one of our recent events will know that no single picture can do PS Vita justice, but we think it does look pretty stunning and I hope you agree.
On the screen you can see the app icons for some of apps, features and services that will come pre-installed on PS Vita at launch. Here is a quick description for each of the icons represented:
Welcome Park - We invite you to the Welcome Park to explore and discover all of the brilliant features packed into PS Vita through a series of mini-games.
Party - Fancy a chat while you're gaming? Speak with your friends anytime you like with Party. The voice and text chat application allows you to talk to up to eight party members, no matter what you're doing. Party also allows you to set up and jump in multiplayer games and chat with Friends while you play different games, bringing cross-game...
243w ago - Recently shakedown1986 of the official PlayStation Forums (linked above) has published some PlayStation Network Profile redesign concepts, with features as follows:
• L1 and R1 for 'About Me' section
• Removed a horizontal space on the top where the name and location is
• Added a better quality picture for the 'Current Status: Online' and made it green to represent Online.
• Changed the font type,size and color in 'About Me' section
• Improved the box around the 'About Me' to resemble the 'Trophies' box
• Improved the 'About Me' title size
• Made the progress bar more accurate
• Moved the progress percentage to the middle and changed color
• Darkened the background where it says the name
• Added a reflection to total number of trophies
• Added a background to the stars
• Added the 'Select','Back' and 'Option' button at the bottom
• Grayed out the 'invite to game' button better
• Added 'User Profile' on top
• Background Color Change
The first pictured below is dubbed V2.5 with the second being V02... feel free to share your thoughts on whether you'd like to see either as an upcoming PlayStation Network Profile redesign.