- Evolution Studios Community Manager Jamie Brayshaw
is here with a new Driveclub PS4 demo video today which shows day / night transition below.
To quote: Check out the latest in the series of our #DRIVECLUB direct feed videos. This time, we showcase the dynamic shift in the time of day, set against the stunning Salar de Surire in Chile between 18:00 and 21:00.
13 things we'd like you to know about this video:
1. If you'd like to see a version of the video with significantly higher image quality than shown on YouTube (and a closer representation of how the game looks on PS4), you'll be able to download the 1080p video online soon.
2. The time of day is accelerated by x60, which is why the video covers from 6pm - 9pm in Chile in just three laps. Accelerating the speed of time is something you can choose to adjust before you race and it's also why the sunlight disappears so quickly at 1:58.
3. Design Director Paul Rustchynksy is the driver. He's using a Thrustmaster "T80 DRIVECLUB Edition" wheel, which explains why his last lap (in first person racing view) is the fastest.
4. The video was captured in one take from a version of the game still in development. Optimisations to the visual quality of the game are made every...