116w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has announced that the new Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection PS3 DLC update is incoming, and will bring gamers 5 new zombie maps.
To quote: You know, zombies have to take a lot of heat from the living. I mean, is it their fault that they are doomed to roam the earth, lurching from brain to brain in a murderous rampage?
They're doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.
That's why I'm asking you, the PS3 community, to welcome some zombies into your home this weekend. The Rezurrection DLC pack comes out today for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and it contains five maps that many will approach as a thrilling first-person horror experience - or maybe, just maybe, it could be a very special chance to connect with the dearly departed.
Four of the maps are a joyous reunion anyway; they're upgraded and remastered versions of levels first seen in Call of Duty: World at War. There's Nacht der Untoten, which some see as a desperate standoff in a dilapidated building, but could just be the perfect place for zombie peace talks.
In Verruckt, how do you know the asylum isn't just a nice, padded place for a zombie nap? Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp - a relaxing vacation spot for you to get to know your new friends....
117w ago - Today JD_2020 announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 patch 1.13 update has gone live, which includes security and game fixes as outlined below.
To quote: We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
CoD: Black Ops Patch 1.13 PlayStation 3 Updates:
• Security Updates.
• Addressed an issue where Custom Private Match settings were carrying over to Public matches.
• Prohibited clan tags can no longer be used.
• A player's win streak will now break if they quit out during a live match.
• Players that are partied up are no longer allowed to go into party-restricted lobbies such as FFA.
• Fixed a rare issue with Recent Games not showing the correct heat map.
• Addressed an exploit copying another player's emblem/playercard.
• Added Rezurrection DLC support. (Launching September 22nd!)
• Fixed some issues related to invites going from Zombie to Multiplayer.
• Unlocked clan tag colors can now be set using the swapped X/O button configuration.
120w ago - Today the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 patch update has arrived, which weighs in at 63MB in size and adds new playlists among the updates detailed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 Playlists:
• Express: 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.
• DLC Moshpit: Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.
• DLC Hardcore Moshpit: Same as above only using hardcore game mode variants
Here are the v1.12 patch update changes from JD_2020 on the official site board:
CoD Black Ops PS3 Patch 1.12 changes:
• Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
• Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
• Improvements to spawn system.
• Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
• Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
150w ago - Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 update went live today and includes the following patch details, to quote:
We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
New Features: • New contracts added to the rotation.
• Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
Issues Addressed: • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
• Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
• Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
• Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.