38w ago - Following up on his previous update and Flat_z's release earlier today, Spanish PlayStation 3 developer MiralaTijera has now made available the PS2 Classics keys and Cobra 6.0 4.30 PS3 CFW payload from the DRM-infected USB dongle by the notorious scene profiteers.
For those naive, it's no coincidence these PS2 keys and Cobra payload are just now mysteriously being released as the PS3 capitalistic pigs Max Louarn, Paul Owen and Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOpa) ready their next ripoff product for market this month and (once again) their True...
50w ago - Following up on the PS3UserCheat and True Blue unnecessary DRM-infected dongles being hacked alongside zadow28's work, today PlayStation 3 developer oct0xor shared a video of his OpenCobra Payload which aims to render the current Cobra USB dongle from Max Louarn useless.
Below are the details from his blog, as follows: "First I am going to say that this is not going to be an article, just a first blog post and some info about my recent project.
Finally I got my hands on cobra it was quite a lot of time since I touched this last time. There was s good things happened since then eg. I reverse engineered usercheat and...
70w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developers mysis and eussNL on the Wiki have posted a method to get the PlayStation 2 (PS2) Software Emulator working on 3.55 CFW without a DRM-infected Cobra USB dongle for all PS3 Fat and Slim consoles.
To quote: Getting PlayStation 2 Software Emulator working
Method (on Firmware 3.55, without! Cobra-USB Dongle or Downgrade) for all consoles (fat & slim).
1. Replace following files on your consoles /dev_flash/ with the ones included in this archive p3dwik-ps2compatfiles.rar
2. Get into Factory Service Mode (FSM Tool/Dongle)
3. Insert your Original PS2 Game Disc
4. It will run.
Note: Backups won't work. You're getting the compatibility of the 2.60 software emulator with all of its bugs.
77w ago - Following up on the recent PS3UserCheat dongle hacking news, today PlayStation 3 developer zadow28 has updated his ongoing work with some reverse-engineering and payload development research on the DRM-infected Cobra PS3 USB dongle.
141w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to...