To quote: This is a new software to convert a PARAM.HIP file to a PARAM.HIS (HIS are used by the PS3 as a change-log file).
It can be viewed by going Game -> Triangle -> Update History
This file needs to be located in the same folder as the PARAM.SFO ( /dev_hdd0/game/TITLE_ID/PARAM.HIS ).
Finally, from ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PARAM.HIP:
This file is used to display the changelog texts of a HDD game (category HG), game patches (category GD with APP_VER), and gamedata (category GD without APP_VER). Texts are displayed under the option "Update History" when pressing triangle over his icon.
PARAM.HIP files are the "source" file, contained in the root of a Install_Package.pkg. When the package is installed the system adds at the beggining of the "source" file 10 bytes containing his timestamp (date and time when is installed), and copyes it in the install folder as PARAM.HIS.
PARAM.HIS files can be updated by consecutive installations of more .HIP files over...
195w ago - MAG's Jeremy Dunham has announced that the Massive Action Game has been updated today to PS3 Patch v1.04a, which includes the complete changelog as detailed below.
This latest patch addresses a number of balance-related housekeeping bits that should even the battlefields of Syr Daria Uplink and the overall Sabotage game type quite bit.
Besides an adjustment that's been made to all Sabotage player boundaries in an effort to put the kibosh on "spawn camping" exploits, v1.04a also adds a number of map-specific changes to S.V.E.R.'s Sabo homeland.
The map, which previously favored the defenders too heavily, is now much more contestable for attackers and defenders alike.
Patch v1.04a - Available March 17, 2010 | N/A (TPPS), 84MB (DLS)
• Adjusted player boundaries to limit "spawn camping" exploits in Darien Network, Copper Hills Relay and Syr Daria Uplink maps.
Map - Syr Daria Uplink
• Pushed in physical defensive boundary for Attacker's "Alpha Squad" spawns 10 meters.
• Removed two short staircases in front of Attacker's "Alpha Squad" spawn.
• Relocated box truck to block sightline on attacker's right side at "Objective A" stairwell.
To quote: "That "PS3" logo startup is on 3.00 regardless if you have a slim or phat PS3. verified phat PS3s use new "PS3" logo as on slims."
PS3 Firmware 3.0 Changelog:
• Multi-Audio - Audio can now be output to multiple connectors simultaneously. You can set this option under [Settings] > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Multi Output].
• Video Content Playback - During Video content playback, you can now use the right stick to play content in slow playback, fast reverse, and fast forward.
• Settings Descriptions - Now below each setting option under...
326w ago - The PLAYSTATION¬®3 system software version 1.92 (with 1.90) update includes the following:
Customizing wallpaper (Theme Settings)
You can now display an image as the background of XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
You can now use emoticons when creating messages under [Friends].
You can now enter text directly into text entry fields of Web pages using a USB keyboard.
Upsampled output of audio CDs is now supported.
Other new or revised features in version 1.92 (with 1.90):
Settings [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz] has been added as an option in [Audio CD Output Frequency] under [Music Settings].
[Type 2] has been added as an option in [Bitmapping] under [Music Settings].
[On] has been added as an option in [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] under [BD/DVD Settings].
Video The [Image Quality Adjustment] option in the control panel has been changed to [AV Settings].
You can now play AVCHD-format video files that are saved on Memory Stick™ media or on the hard disk of a video camera.
You can now operate the (Slow (Back)) and (Frame Reverse) functions when playing video files saved on storage media or on the hard disk.