4w ago - Sony Brand Marketing Manager of Emerging Platforms Jamaal Moore announced today that Xperia buyers are able to get 10 free PSM games and more!
Below are the details, to quote: From now through December 31st, 2013, when you purchase either the Xperia Z smartphone or the Xperia Tablet Z, and download the Xperia Privilege app from the Google Play Store, you'll receive the following:
• 10 free PlayStation Mobile games
• Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender by Tikipod Limited (Rated E with Mild Fantasy Violence, Tobacco Reference)
• Forevolution by Pygmy Studio Co., Ltd. (Rated E10+ with Fantasy Violence)
• Haunt the House: Terrortown by SFB Games (Rated E10+ with Fantasy Violence)
• Hungry Giraffe by Laughing Jackal Ltd. (Rated E10+ with Crude Humor)
• Rebel by PomPom Software Ltd. (Rated E10+ with Fantasy Violence)
• Surge by FuturLab Ltd. (Rated E)
• Switch Galaxy by Atomicom (Rated E)
• Ten by Eight by Action Button Entertainment (Rated E)
• Tokyo Jungle by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (Rated T for Violence, Blood, Sexual Content)
• Yu-Nama: The Puzzle by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (Rated...
259w ago - The hype machine that Verizon turned on prior to this phone's release was incredibly successful considering the letdown that many felt when they went to Verizon stores expecting to pick up a new Blackberry Storm.
Initial previews were promising and the buzz being bandied about on the phone had many thinking that Verizon and RIM had teamed up to deliver a potential knockout blow to Apple and AT&T's runaway success iPhone.
Well, release day came and as reviewers got their hands on retail units, that buzz started to turn into a screech! Reports of slow and unresponsive touchscreen keyboard input and two firmware upgrades with the phone out for less than a month make for negative user feedback.
284w ago - Update: According to Current.com.au, Sony is giving away another 10,000 free PS3's to those in Australia. All you have to do to get a free PS3 system is purchase a Bravia LCD TV.
Adam over at Gizmodo Aus (linked above) reports that Sony is giving away 35,000 PS3's to Bravia TV purchasers for the month of July.
In a promotion to get Olympic viewers to buy before the games start Sony are giving away just 35,000 PS3 consoles, with a Web site for checking how many are left or the ability to find out via SMS or toll-free number.
The special offer will run between July 1 and 31, and applies to any purchase of a Sony Bravia XBR, X3100, W3100, V4000 and W4000 models.
Sounds like they have learnt their lesson from some of the bad press generated by the previous offer (Although I have to say my one and other folks I know who got them, came pretty quickly).