193w ago - Today RockStar has released GTA IV PS3 patch version 1.06, which fixes several bugs and improves load times.
Issues fixed include the '50 friends list' bug, a number of glitches, and loading the game sequences with less lag.
To quote: The patch fixed some serious problems, read the list below:
• 50 Friends List bug fixed
• Online multiplayer game preferences (Friendly Fire, Auto Aim, Cops)
• Updated trophy list
• Apparently faster loading times everywhere, less lag
• Popular BDBII glitch fixed
• Car blip off glitch fixed
• Other random glitches fixed
200w ago - Today Jeremy Dunham has announced that MAG PS3 patch update v1.01a will arrive tomorrow and fix bugs along with some server-side changes.
To quote: We hope you're enjoying your MAG experience so far and welcome your continued feedback regarding what you like, what you love, and what you think could use some improvements.
With that in mind, we'll be implementing a tiny little patch (300KB) early tomorrow morning that will automatically download as soon as you start the game.
This particular patch mends an issue with our skies that should give you slightly better visual fidelity when you're looking upward.
Before the patch is available, however, we will be performing a number of maintenance fixes on the server-side as well - which means there will be downtime sometime during our usual window of 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT and 3am Pacific/ 6am Eastern/ 11pm GMT.
MAG Patch v1.01a
• Resolved issue that caused banding and/or artifacts in the sky.
• Server performance enhancements with a focus on reducing lag issues.
• Lowered chances of encountering 5:5 errors
• Added additional statistics-focused servers
241w ago - To follow up on the previous Killzone 2 v1.24 patch details and their trailer from earlier today, Guerrilla Games Lead Online Game Designer Eric Boltjes shared the following update:
In a continuing effort to provide support for Killzone 2 Online, and to show you day-1 fans of Killzone that we mean business, we are very happy to announce the upcoming 1.24 patch.
This patch is the biggest one yet, and addresses a large number of reported issues, exploits and bugs - but it also adds new functionality to the game for you to enjoy!
I would like to highlight the fact that we are adding 3 new ranks to the game, reached at 5000, 10000 and 100000 points respectively. These ranks do not give any rewards but it allows the real hardcore players to show off their hard work to everyone in-game!
Other highlights include a new 17-24 player search game filter, enlarged HUD radar distance and a much requested "Join Clan Member" tab in the join game screen. The patch also allows you to play against the next batch of contenders: Japan, who will be able to buy their copies of Killzone...
261w ago - Rockstar compiled a list of possible solutions to user-reported Grand Theft Auto IV PC bugs:
You must have Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed PRIOR to installing and running Grand Theft Auto IV PC.
Right-click 'My Computer -> Properties' to see if you have the latest Service Packs installed, and if not check Windows Update and download before trying to install the game.
Installing on a non-English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, or Russian Operating System
There is a known issue with non-English, French, Italian, German, Spanish or Russian operating systems, where unsupported characters will appear on the initial installation screen (this screen then remains present in the background throughout the installation process).
To bypass this issue and install the game:
- Select the larger button at the bottom left of the initial installation screen and you will be moved on to a language select screen.
- Select either English, French, Italian, German or Spanish and the rest of the installation will continue in that language.
- At the end of the installation, the screen containing unsupported characters...