- Today a video has surfaced showing a new PS3 Slim being thrown at 50mph into one of Sony's latest Bravia LCD TVs.
The stunt is part of Sony Australia's Bravia Bonus PS3
promotion, and those interested can see it in slow-motion below.
To quote from the video's YouTube page: Sony has literally put to the test what happens when you bring BRAVIA and PlayStation 3 together. In the first-ever, controlled conditions test of its kind, the new PS3 slim-line console has been catapulted into a BRAVIA LCD TV.
Fast facts on the crash test:
• PS3 Trajectory: Parabolic
• Impact Speed: 80km/hr = 22m/sec
• Mass of PS3: 3.2kg
• Kinetic energy of PS3 at point of impact: 774.4 joules
• PS3 deceleration: 246.9g = 2420 m/sec squared
• Force of PS3 on BRAVIA TV screen: 7744.0 newtons = 790.2kg force
• Sled deceleration: 40.0g = 392m/sec squared
• Force on sled: 470400.0newtons, 48000kg force = 48 tonnes force
• One 25kg metal bar stops the sled at the end of the track. A new bar is needed for every test
• Track speed: 80km
• Launch angle: 5 degrees
• Sled weight: 1.2 tonnes
• Track length: 60 metres, speed reaches 80km at 1 metre before impact
• Length PS3 travels...