14w ago - Bethesda Softworks Global Community Lead Matt Grandstaff has announced that the first PS3 Skyrim DLC Dragonborn lands today on PSN.
Below are the details, to quote: The wait is over! For the next three weeks, we'll be releasing a new Skyrim add-on each week on PSN. This week, with Dragonborn, you'll journey beyond Skyrim to Solstheim, an island off the coast of Morrowind. Use all your abilities and skills honed in Skyrim to save the island from a mysterious power that threatens to destroy Solstheim's inhabitants.
Beyond Dragonborn's main quest, the content is packed with hours of new areas to explore complete with new characters, new towns, new dungeons and plenty of new side quests to complete.
And for elite players that have attained Level 81 status, you'll have a chance to square off with the game's fiercest adversary, The Ebony Warrior.
For more details on Dragonborn, available for 50% off ($9.99) during launch week only, read our list of features below:
• Explore Beyond Skyrim - Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn's return.
• Become the Ultimate Dragonborn - Harness the power of the...
77w ago - Today Bethesda have announced that the Skyrim version 1.2 PS3 update is now live, and have detailed the changes below as follows:
Today we've begun rolling out Skyrim's 1.2 update for PlayStation 3 (labeled 2.01 on PSN).
The update is already available for users in Europe and we will let you know as soon as it's up in North America. Our current ETA for Xbox 360 and PC players is this Wednesday, November 30th.
So what does the new update cover? Details below...
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
• Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
• Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
• Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
• Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
• Dragon corpses now clean up properly
• Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
• Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
• Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
• Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
196w ago - Bethesda's Pete Hines has clarified Internet speculation about the future of the Elder Scrolls franchise.
Hines has said that Bethesda' producer Todd Howard was misquoted at QuakeCon last week, when he refused to give any details on a possible fifth title in the series, leading some to assume a new single-player game was not in development.
To quote: "Of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game. The last one was enormously popular," wrote Hines on the publisher's official blog.
"Todd and Bethesda Game Studios are hard at work on their next big game, and we're not ready to discuss it. As always, we prefer to have something amazing to show when we talk about it.
We aren't going to confirm or deny or comment on speculation, nor are we going to give hints about anything. If you know us by now, you know we don't really do that," he added.