193w ago - Yesterday I got an e-mail from Sqare-Enix presenting Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) and informing me that the sign up for PS3 Beta tests have started.
So I want to share it with the community that every one who is interested can sign up now for the Beta test.
From the game's plot: Eorzea's nations used to be constantly at war with each other until fifteen years ago when the Garlean Empire, a mysterious nation from the east, razed the mightiest of the city-states, Ala Mhigo.
The nations decided to band together if they were to repel the invaders, but the Empire never came, leaving a state of detente throughout the land.
The resulting peace has led to a wide swath of soldiers and mercenaries suddenly without a job, and so they're now forming guilds and going by a new name: adventurers.
Finally, below is a Final Fantasy XIV "Life in Eorzea" #1 video from the launch of the new YouTube channel!
221w ago - Update: The European MAG BETA is now giving away up to 16,000 Promotional Codes to be distributed via email on a first come, first served basis in weekly batches.
Those interested can now head over to their Competitions page to sign up following the instructions. That's it - no questions or puzzles, just one big beta free-for-all.
PlayStation Network Executive Producer Kevin Furuichi has announced today that the MAG Beta Test for PS3 Qore Subscribers will be launching this Thursday.
To quote: Here's an update about the status of the MAG Public Beta email vouchers. The first wave of voucher codes for the MAG Beta will be e-mailed to all current Qore subscribers beginning today and continuing over the next few days.
Follow the instructions so that you'll be ready to download the Beta and jump in when the test starts this Thursday, September 17. The email subject line will be:
"You're in: Welcome to the MAG Beta" And, the email voucher will look like this (below).
Remember, you only have 4 days left to get in on the action as the Public Beta entry deadline for Qore subscribers is this Thursday, September 17. Please allow at least 5 business days for delivery once you subscribe.
273w ago - Its been confirmed that the public beta will be open in October this year on PlayStation Network. The six classes available in the beta are:
* Rifleman: The default troop type. Starts wsith a variety of primary and secondary wepaons that include grenades. Bigger guns are unlockable as you progress up the ranks.
* Engineer: Allowed to set up automated turrets as primary ability. Can repair ammunition dumps, mounted guns and turrets damaged from weapons fire.
* Medic: Can revive teammates who have been shot down if they are reached in time. Can throw health packs which can be collected by other players.
* Assault Trooper: The Heavy Weapons class. Has thick armor thus they can take twice as much damage. Has a speedboost as their secondary ability.
* Tactician: The Captain of the group. Allowed to drop colored smoke grenades which serve as spawn points for his team. Can prove essential on the bigger Beta test maps as it can allow for a steady flow of friendly troops to the frontline. Can also call in air support (a sentry bot that flies low to tears into the enemy from above).
* Saboteur: Can assume the look of your opponents in order to infiltrate their camps. Can use sticky proximity-activated C4 charges. Making them lethal as they can...