107w ago - Ubisoft Community Developer Gabriel Graziani has posted up a video today introducing the Sentinel in Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3 Multiplayer fans.
To quote: In Assassin's Creed Revelations, we're linking our multiplayer and single-player experiences by including our multiplayer characters in the single-player campaign.
What we want to show you today is a profile of one of these characters, specifically The Sentinel: a former Assassin who betrayed the Brotherhood to join the Templars. Watch our new video to discover how this vile turncoat will cross paths with Ezio!
You can see from the video that The Sentinel uses techniques in multiplayer that you might expect of an Assassin, killing quickly and quietly. He favors the discreet use of knives and his trusty Hidden Blade to eliminate his targets without alerting any nearby assailants.
Of course, he's not above the occasional flourish of brutality, crushing the life from his targets with a precisely placed stomp... which is always a useful tool for intimidating one's opponents!
Tomorrow, you'll all get the chance to step into the role of The Sentinel when Assassin's Creed Revelations launches. You'll also be introduced to the new...
112w ago - Sony Senior Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein has outlined an FAQ on the upcoming Assassin's Creed Revelations video game for PlayStation 3 today!
To quote: Recently, Ubisoft invited us to sample the first few hours of Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3. I learned a lot during that play session:
• The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers.
• Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's Lairs of Romulus.
• The game map now has a Google Maps-style satellite view that I enjoyed while skipping around the sprawling city of Constantinople/Istanbul.
• The Den Defense mission brought tower defense-style sequences that are completely unlike anything I've seen in the Assassin's Creed universe.
• I saw someone actually *use* the Apple of Eden.
• I noticed some different UI in the Animus, and started to wonder why the interface was different (and no, Ubisoft wouldn't tell me).
• I saw Ezio stab a dude with a guitar - I think they called them "lutes" back then.
And I saw it all in 3D - those leaps of faith are now even more impressive....
115w ago - Today Ubisoft Community Developer Gabriel Graziani has shared a video announcing that Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3 is getting a big Blu-ray bonus!
To quote: We have something exciting to share today: thanks to a special partnership with PlayStation and the incredible storage space offered by Blu-ray discs, we are offering a full version of the original Assassin's Creed for free if you're one of the first to buy Assassin's Creed Revelations!
Supplies are somewhat limited, however, so you'll need to act quickly (pre-ordering might help ;D) in order to get a copy of the original Assassin's Creed included on your Assassin's Creed Revelations Blu-ray disc.
As you know, Assassin's Creed Revelations will see Ezio follow in the footsteps of the legendary Assassin Mentor Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad on a quest to understand the true nature of what it means to be an Assassin.
To prepare you for this journey, we thought it might be a good idea for you to have the game that started it all on-hand just in case you needed a quick refresher on Altair's history.