To quote: Originally, I was thinking about to not release to all until I update to the Caprice 4.2.0 version, but since I've no time left to solve some vdu bug in 4.2.0, I decide to release the dbg version based on the 4.1 version.
(as you can play some old good games with this version, but be sure to know what exactly is an Amstrad CPC computer before lunch it on the PS3 ) So ...
What?: A quick port of caprice32-4.1.0 to ps3 using PSL1GHTV2 / SDL.
Why? : It was the first computer i own.
Who? : Rtype
285w ago - Zx-81 has updated his 8-bit Amstrad CPC emulator known as PSPCAP32 today. The emulator is a direct port of Ulrich Doewich's Caprice32, originally written for Windows and Unix, albeit with various PSP specific enhancements.
In addition to a bug fix regarding CRTC emulation, version 1.4.1 adds support for two virtual drives, allowing users to mount the Amstrad-compatible SymbOS on one, while storing application and game disks on the other.
- Many optimizations to speed up the emulation, frame rate is now 49 fps at 222Mhz in ultra mode, on CPC startup window. Main modifications:
. Z-80 part as been rewritten using several hints such as explicit jump tables for instructions decode
. CRT and sound part has been optimized
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off (useful for games such as defend or die !)
- Add new hotkeys to setup auto fire speed
- Bug fix in the low battery watchdog
- RTrigger/LTrigger keys can be used in the keyboard settings menu to navigate between Normal, LTrigger and RTrigger compose mapping.
- New "Command" feature in the emulator menu:
. You have now to choose the command you want to run using arrows.
- Default Hotkeys can now be set in the keyboard mapping menu (useful to add...
- improve speed (+3 fps at 222Mhz)
- add new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, delta_y or render mode
can now be directly modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
- bug fix in green/monochrome default settings
- Option to display in green (monochrome)
- Option to scroll up or down the screen
(when the screen is not properly centered)
- Analog pad can now be used in the file requester
to move faster through the disk/snapshot lists
- Check CPM disk automatically
(and run |CPM instead of RUN")
- Bug fix in the disk explorer menu
(when the number of files on disk was too high)
- IR keyboard works now also in the keyboard settings
- Bug fix in the render function, sometimes the screen
became dark (it should not happen anymore).