96w ago - This weekend an anonymous PlayStation 3 developer has made available a MultiMAN v04.01.00 DEX Update Mod (20120204) PKG for those who own PS3 Debug / Test consoles and wish to enable game back-ups on it.
To quote, roughly translated: "Very soon after its released version 4.00 debug Sony decides to release a Firmware 4.01 for stamped its consoles Test / Debug. We remind you that this type of firmware is not installed on the consoles so-called "Retail" we just buy in the store.
No changelog available at this time. See us before long a 4.01 in our living room, only time will tell. The file is available for download if you want to update your console...
283w ago - Dark_AleX has issued an update to the 4.01 M33-compatible plug-in, fixing numerous bugs along with adding support for UMD disc titles. Additionally, savestates can now be created on a per-game basis.
Keep in mind that PSPStates is compatible only with Slim units currently, due to increased memory usage.
* Fixed important bug in inter-thread code (semaphore wasn't waiting due to interrupts disabled), that caused the load state to not be completely read in some cases. This caused black screen after state load (unless you just saved that state, in this case state was still in ram), or even worse, game not working properly due to partial load.
* Added states per game basis. The controls are slightly different: old controls now do a local savestate/loadstate of the game, while pressing additionally select button will save/load a global state. See instructions for more info.
* Fixed bug that caused normal sleep mode waking up inmediately.
* UMD discs and isos in normal UMD mode are now supported. However, they require to nullify UMD cache, by flashing one file. For details on this process, refer to the readme file.
283w ago - Poisonhzkj has returned with an official update to the theme-changing plug-in, adding full support for 4.01 M33 series custom firmware. And that's not all, this version of CXMB is cross-compatible with earlier CFW revisions, including 3.71, 3.80, and 3.90 M33.
The author notes that users who built themes for the unofficial build will either need to re-package their CTF file or hex edit it at the offset 0Ã–10, replacing DEAD0400 with DEAD0401.
Included in the archive below is both the "full" and "lite" edition of CXMB. If you are simply using CTF format themes created by others, it is recommended to install the latter.
1. Add 4.01 capability.
2. Select the random.ctf, then cxmb will randomly apply your themes in /PSP/THEME/
3. Compile universal binary, cxmb.prx should work on 3.71/3.80/3.90/4.01
4. Fix some wrong io opration (I wrote some sceIoClose where there should be sceIoDclose)
5. Clean up sources (yea... I think I did it..)