119w ago - Today XBox 360 hackers GliGli and Tiros have released an XBox 360 Reset Glitch Hack for both the Fat and Slim models, which includes source code and a demo video below courtesy of Razkar2011 via YouTube.
To quote: The XBox 360 reset glitch hack - Introduction / some important facts: tmbinc said it himself, software based approaches of running unsigned code on the 360 mostly don't work, it was designed to be secure from a software point of view.
The processor starts running code from ROM (1bl) , which then starts loading a RSA signed and RC4 crypted piece of code from NAND (CB).
162w ago - Last week we reported on a new XBox 360 video game protection, and today SoulHeaven at Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) shared a hack that allows users to bypass Microsoft's new AP2.5 dashboard 12611 update via exploit to play Fable 3 using a chip.
To quote, roughly translated: This hack requires the use of the chip x360SED v1.0 created by SoulHeaven and will be sold within a few days exclusively on Librasoft Consoles and LS Store.
The principle is simple:
• Install the chip x360SED between the 360 mainboard and the DVD player, and solder the one wire on the sync button on the console controllers
• Install your Fable III on your console's hard drive (From an original or a backup)
• Insert the game Fable III until it is recognized by the dashboard (Image of the game while taking the square)
• Press the sync button levers to eject the game Fable III
• Insert an original game Xbox 360 (Any), press again and the sync button controllers
• Press A to start the game Fable III starts without worries.
Those interested can check out the POC video below of it in action!
To quote: A 'rebooter', allows to 'reboot' the 360 into an MS kernel after starting it with the JTAG Hack... in this case (freeBOOT v0.01) it should reboot the console into MS kernel 8498 (but I assume 8507 will be possible too, and it's probably also the first step into rebooting into patched/modified MS kernels).
The readme says it requires the Cygnos360 v2 chip atm, I'm assuming they need it to automatically reset the SMC back to original.
Booting your 360 into 849x+ and keeping the JTAG Hack working was impossible until now, because updating to 849x+ via the MS update procedures burned a CB-fuse which made it impossible to still perform the JTAG Hack.
If you already updated your console to 849x+ via normal update methods there is still no solution for you, but if you have a JTAG 'hackable' console (kernel 7371 or lower on NAND) freeBOOT should allow you to 're boot' it into 8498 via the JTAG Hack.