- Following up on the previous
updates, today Sony PS Vita hacker Total_Noob
has released TN SaveState Plugin v1 for TN-V eCFW with a demo video and details below.
To quote: Introduction
Imagine you're playing a difficult level where you need so much time to go through, but you always fail at the end against the big boss.
This shouldn't be annoying anymore, as with this plugin you can save and load states WHENEVER, WHEREVER you want. You can ehm call it... ehm kinda cheating, but this plugin can also be used for other purposes! In example to make checkpoints in 'Lego' games: I totally like them, but it is kinda annoying that you can only save your data after a LONG play time of a level.
The PSP/PS Vita is intended for short gaming sessions and this is possible! WITH THIS PLUGIN! Now you can fastly switch from game to game, WITH THIS PLUGIN!
It is definitely an ultimate addon to the Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V. Also, it is compatible in XMB, PSP GAMES, PS1 GAMES, HOMEBREWS...
Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V has got a built-in plugin installer. This makes plugin installation as easily as never before:
- Copy 'P_SVST.ZIP' to the savedata folder where you usually put your ISOs, homebrews or plugins to. Transfer the savedata to the PS Vita using CMA.
- Boot up the exploit and keep the R trigger pressing while the screen turns from white to green. Now you should be in the recovery menu.
- Select 'Plugins ->', then 'Plugins installer ->' and install the archive 'P_SVST.ZIP'.
IMPORTANT! The author will not be responsible of any kind of data loss.
To bring up the 'TN SaveState Plugin' menu, hold the START button for one second. You can choose your savestate by using the dialog pad:
- UP/DOWN: Move through slots, up to 10 slots.
- LEFT/RIGHT: Move through different games.
To save/load a state press R respectively L. Then it is important that you go to the livearea (by pressing the blue PlayStation button) and return back to complete the procedure. This can take some seconds, as the savestate is a 31MB RAM dump compressed (expected compressed size: 3-20MB).
For FW's below 2.10, the procedure takes some more seconds. After the completion, the (new) game will be resumed automatically.
The savestates are located at /PSP/SAVESTATE/.
If there are games which have problems or are not compatible with this plugin, please report them. Those bugs are already known and couldn't be fixed yet:
- Savestates of XMB are not stable at the moment, so don't use them. However loading states from XMB should work fine.
- Some savestates have got sound issues when they are loaded from XMB or from an other game, so better launch the game first and then load its savestate.
If you are interested in working on/improving/extending this plugin, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Dark_AleX for 'pspstates experiment'. This plugin is inspired of of. However the whole plugin itself was written by me alone.
Thanks to maxem for the libmenu.
Thanks to takka for utf8-sjis conversion.
Thanks to hackinformer for betatesting and all his great support.
Thanks to abdou005 for betatesting.