61w ago - Following up on the previous PSP SaveGame exploit news, this weekend PlayStation Vita developer Zer01ne has Tweeted news of a new PSP game exploit that works on Firmware 6.60 and has also been confirmed working with Sony's new PS Vita handheld console as well!
Below is a video of it in action, and to quote from his Twitter updates:
New PSP Game exploit found (This time the game was not already used).
No plan for any HBL portage (We will see). http://pic.twitter.com/m5bUpwt7
I have broken my right arm, the VHBL portage will take time. I will try to do something on with my left arm.
The exploit works on Vita.. See video:
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
- HBL is exploit for PSP
- it uses gamesave data overflow to write RAM (and load executables from memory stick)
- hopefully it can be used in PS Vita's PSP emulator (thus the name "VHBL")
- 1st VHBL is released early this month using Motorstorm Arctic Edge PSP game (downloadable from PSN)
- Motorstorm AE not available anymore @ PSN (?), therefore new Vitas user (like me) must wait for next exploitable game
- VHBL can't load ISO/backup and only access User mode in PSP emulator within Vita. only emulators/homebrews.