- Despite initial thoughts that the PSP-2000 TIFF Exploit
wouldn't work on a PSP-3000 console, today RomStampedu
has made both a video and detailed guide demonstrating that it does.
To quote: I'm using my Japanese Radiant Red PSP-3000 and it seems that the exploit worked.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
PSP 3000 Installation:
1) Extract the "26833_release_v2.zip" file
2) You'll see 4 files altogether inside that folder. (h.bin, phat.tiff, readme.txt, & slim.tiff)
3) Make sure you have a Memory Stick (MS) * Grab your PSP and connect to USB mode.
4) Copy the "h.bin" file onto the root of your MS. Then copy the "slim.tiff" file onto your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder.
5) Copy any 8 random photos into your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder. Altogether you should have 9 files in your PHOTO folder.
6) Full power down your PSP and turn it on. On the Cross Media Bar (XMB), go to "Photo" and down to "Memory Stick"; Click ENTER.
7) Wait for all the thumbnails to load. Scroll up down again and again and slowly go down until it goes into the HELLO WORLD exploit. (My video is a great example!)
Notice: It might freeze on the "XMB Photo" section, but you can keep trying until you get it right. Although this does nothing but brings you into the HELLO WORLD exploit screen, it's a good sign that it works on the PSP 3000. Until then, have fun with this experiment!