- SCEA Associate Producer Chris Hinojosa-Miranda
is back, with one more Patapon 2 PSP update before the weekend as follows:
Greetings Pata-peoples. It's Friday and as you all prepare for a well deserved weekend, here is another dose of Pata-goodness to share.
we covered Multiplayer Hotness and how you can now battle to the beat with your friends. Now, as promised, we are going to profile the "new recruits" of the Patapon army.
One of the most appealing factors about the first Patapon was building your army up out of nothingness into an [Register or Login to view links]
Picking the right soldiers for battle, setting them up with all the right weapons and equipment, and evolving them to make them stronger was key to victory. This hasn't changed in Patapon 2, but this time players will get a revamped evolution system and some new Pata-faces... presenting:
THE PATA-NEW SCHOOL!
Air support anyone? (Toripon)
If you remember the original concept art of Patapon 1 you'll remember the Toripon. These bird-riders didn't make the original cut, but now you can finally bring death from above as they administer surgical strikes upon your enemies.
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto! (Robopon)
Armed with [Register or Login to view links]
, these troops can pummel their way through enemies and barricades and when you get them all fevered up, they can fling boulders their way too!
Do you believe in [Register or Login to view links]? (Mahopons)
Mages, Magicians, Wizards... whatever you call'em these [Register or Login to view links]
have the ability to heal your troops, throw fire balls, icicles, and can even bring the thunder faster than you can say Abracadabra.
Of course the original troops of your army return, ready to dispense the pain on your command.
THE PATA-OLD SCHOOL
- your faithful Banner-bearer and keeper of the Mighty Drums
- There are no better hunters in your crew than these masters of the spear.
- Bringing the longbow action, these dudes are as bad-ass as [Register or Login to view links]
, but better (because they have no relation to Orlando Bloom).
- Your first line of defense and attack, no one has swung a sword and held a shield as well as these guys since the [Register or Login to view links]
back in the day.
- Lance in hand and their mighty steeds set to charge, they'll knock back to the curb.
- If you want a real sonic boom, be sure these special troops toot their horns.
- The bruisers of your crew, these big fellas may not be fast, but they sure know how to [Register or Login to view links]
Combine these troops with a little strategy and a whole lot of mighty beats from your war drum, and the Pata-pain will fall like the rain.
Next Pata-post - The New Evolution System! Great weekend to all!