- Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that STAR OCEAN®: First Departure™ will be released across all PAL territories on 24th October 2008, exclusively on the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system.
Press Release: Following the exploits of humankind's journey across the stars, the STAR OCEAN saga begins with the completely remastered STAR OCEAN: First Departure. Featuring a revised game engine, an improved battle system and fully-voiced, all-new animated scenes displayed in 16:9 widescreen. With a newly added layer of character interaction, players can enjoy their journey into the rich STAR OCEAN universe like never before.
, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "STAR OCEAN has already proved to be a popular series in Japan, we now hope that players around the world can discover why by experiencing the origin of the series. With STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope™ arriving in 2009, there's never been a better time to enjoy the STAR OCEAN adventure."
About STAR OCEAN: First Departure
Spacedate 346- As a galactic war rages on, the crew of the starship Calnus beam down to the little-known planet of Roak, only to find that the population has been decimated by a mysterious plague. So begins a race against time to save the Roakians and restore peace to the galaxy.
• The game that launched the STAR OCEAN series- available in Europe for the first time
• Completely rebuilt for the PSP system, with real-time battles that keep players immersed in the action
• Brand-new, fully-voiced animated cut-scenes provided by anime powerhouse Production I.G
• The private action system adds depth to the story, introducing riveting subplots between characters