157w ago - Following up on our previous article, today VG247.com (linked above) has reported that Sony's upcoming PSP2 will feature a touch-screen and two cameras.
As part of their E3 2010 reveal, the following details have currently surfaced on the PlayStation Portable 2, to quote:
• Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
• PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
• It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
• UK sources were previously working towards a "2010″ release. This is now "2011″.
• One source would be "amazed" if there was any kind of physical media involved. We've been told it "could" be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
• Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
• There have been "finished units" in the UK, but we haven't spoken to anyone that's seen a final case.
• When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, "If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it's a 2011 release, I'd say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year".
• One source told us the machine is based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
The ds also has a touch screen. It's just not a powerful gaming device.I don't mind if it has a touch screen. Just as long as there are still physical buttons, and you have the option to use them instead.
Touch screens look to be one of the features that will eventually become a standard on hand-held devices. I do agree with your point about iphone games though. Its just not as good as a controller. Virtual buttons aren't near as responsive or accurate.
I call bs with the specs stating it has a quad core cpu, once it would need adequate cooling which is just not possible in a small device, two it would kill battery life, meaning that a bigger battery would have to be fitted making the device heavier and larger.
As for touchscreen there is no point on a true gaming device, I'm sure most people know just how hard it is to play games on the iphone, and those games aren't really all that complex.
Eagerly waiting for PSP2 and if rumored specification are true ie a cell processor having 4 spes and a fast gpu imagine the endless possibilities of Homebrews and emulation thus we can have PS2, GC, DC even WII emulators on go. So i'm really much excited that in future we will have a lot of fun with nextgen handheld devices.