186w ago - Following up on our previous article, today VG247.com (linked above) has reported that Sony's upcoming PSP2 will feature a touch-screen and two cameras.
As part of their E3 2010 reveal, the following details have currently surfaced on the PlayStation Portable 2, to quote:
• Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
• PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
• It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
• UK sources were previously working towards a "2010″ release. This is now "2011″.
• One source would be "amazed" if there was any kind of physical media involved. We've been told it "could" be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
• Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
• There have been "finished units" in the UK, but we haven't spoken to anyone that's seen a final case.
• When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, "If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it's a 2011 release, I'd say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year".
• One source told us the machine is based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Not any time soon I'm afraid - they can (and will be silly if not to) implement the security on the PS3 level and we'll have nice but almost "useless" devices at our hands with only option to get DRM enclosed games from PSN.
In regards to Touch Screen - not too keen to use it for most of the games really (although some games might benefit from it like all those quizz kind ones) but for the virtual keyboard / messaging / managing of your media or controlling non-gaming apps it would be really useful