249w ago - Hellcat has released an update to Recovery Flasher, a custom firmware compatible utility that allow users to perform various maintenance tasks on their PSP, from restoring flash-based content (PS Store license data, theme files) to fully re-installing 3.71 or 4.01 M33 firmware without the need of Pandora.
Version 1.20 is a fairly minor release, adding a low battery indicator and a simple file browser that allows users to boot homebrew applications located in PSP/GAME from within the recovery menu. Additionally, when re-installing M33 firmware, the version string contained in the update EBOOT used is now checked for safety precautions.
* can now install 4.01-M33-2 as well
* installs 3.71-M33-4 now instead of plain 3.71-M33
* comes now with an additional .ELF binary to be used from a Pandora stick (up to DDCv5, on v6 you can use the EBOOT version)
* added a simlple filebrowser like thing for launching additional apps from /PSP/GAME
* added option to override "battery low" warning
* added version check of the updater .PBP used for FW extraction
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!