- Russian PSP hacker mc707
has released EBOOT Patcher v1.0 for Sony's PlayStation Portable, which will allow you to play 5.55 / 6.00 games on 5.00 M33-6, 5.03 MHU, 5.03 GEN-A and other Custom Firmware.
Note: It doesn't work alone, as you'll need the 5.55 & 6.00 PSP Game Decrypter v2
and PRXdecrypter v2.3
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
To quote, roughly translated:
1. Remove with UMDGen
from the image game EBOOT.BIN loader and export the File list (menu File> File list> Export)
2. Decrypt loader EBOOT.BIN
3. Apply the patcher to decrypted loader EBOOT.BIN (check that this is decrypted - the header ELF).
4. Pack the boot back into the image (with UMDGen replace the boot EBOOT.BIN in the image).
5. Import File list back, agreeing with the question of the desire zaforsit file locations in the image! (this item is required for many games, in particular DiRT 2 without this procedure falls into a black screen)
6. Save the new image of UMDGen (overwrite original)
7. Rewrite the image on the psp and play.
UPDATE: For those who will edit the file manually, please note that there are games in which such checks are not alone. Just know that no one checked in DIRT 2, Bloons Minis and Undead Knights. Therefore patcher patches for so long, looking for additional checks.