• Support for functions of official Firmware 5.50
• Functions standby reset and Pandora have been removed
• The plug-in Bubbletune to classify games according to category was deleted
• Patch Slim Colors Bubbletunes was deleted
• The pops is functional (emulation of PS1 games to work)
• The custom firmware 5.50GEN-A supports the launch of ISO and of PS1 games
• Popsloader and all plugins are normally incurred.
• The option "hide your MAC address is always available in the recovery
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
For you though your fine as your running M33 and V3 moatherboards simply cant at this time, so your GOOD!
But for others who may need to know... PSP 3000 have a Playstation logo button where the PSP 1000 & 2000 have a "Home" button in its place. PSP 3000s and 2000s with TA-085v3 and up motherboards cant have cfw directly installed but can get some features of cfw from Custom Firmware Enabler 3.51 to 5.03 ChickHEN.
To find out if its a TA-085v3 and up its a little tough you need a Pandora battery & memorystick with DCv8 (or other similar homebrew programs) installed by a PSP with a cfw installed on it (because its homebrew programing) You can get them off ebay Im sure... Hope it helps.
IMPORTANT - KEEP IN MIND, that update is for 5.50 Gen-b, you need to have the original 550Gen-a installed before you run that update or you will Brick.
I like the Note about don't install on version 3. This is a good warning. I'm avoiding this because I tried the last version and had problems I like CFW loader and it works fine so I am sticking to that. CFW works fine and personally don't see a point to switch.
Thanks for the news on the update.
Page 1 of 11
Related PS3 News and PS3 CFW Hacks or JailBreak Articles