- Following up on his previous updates
, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK
has released XMBPC v0.8 RC followed by v0.8.1 and v0.8.2 which is a PC XMB clone with the changelog below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: What is XMBPC?
XMBPC is a free tool to emulate/simulate the PS3 XMB User Interface on your PC. This allows a user to launch many forms of media from the simulated XMB on the PC. This will not emulate PS3 Games / Homebrew this is just a XMB clone.
Changelog for v0.8 RC:
Hi everyone, a new version of XMBPC is available! Changelogs from v0.7.2 BETA to v0.8 RC
- Setup redesigned (Replaced XMBPCE to XMBPC ; Autofills the username ; Removed useless passwordbox ; Added PS2 ISO selector)
- PS2 Emulator Integration "PS2Loader"
- Recognizes PS2 Game Discs
- Start PS2 Game Discs directly from XMBPC
- Start PS2 ISOs directly from XMBPC
- New subcategory under "Games" -> "PS2 Games" folder
- PS Button Menu fixed (Now opens and closes correctly with autofocus on home)
- You can also update via System Update on XMBPC v0.7.1+
- To use the PS2 Emulator you need to configure it first (CDVD -> cdvdGigaherz !) and add a BIOS file (I cannot provide one...).
- DON'T forget to install the driver first to get no errors
From the ReadMe file:
[Register or Login to view code]
XMBPC v0.8.1 System update will come out tonight. Update via XMBPC's "Check for Updates" after installing v0.8.0 above.
XMBPC v0.8.1 Changelog:
XMBPC v0.8.2 Changelog:
- Fixed: Settings menu now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: Pictures menu now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: Music menu now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: Video menu now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: Games menu now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: "PS2 Games" folder now closes correctly when starting something
- Fixed: You should not more receive errors when closing a game
- Updated: PS Menu
- Updated: XMBPC Background (I will check the animation problems again tonight...)
XMBPC v0.8.5 Changelog:
- Fixed: XMBPC should not more crash when trying to change the theme and there's no theme in .\media\themes
- Fixed: PS Menu Background now fullscreen (there was a graphical bug on the right)
- Updated: "Check for updates" & "PS2 Games folder" icons will now change when changing the theme
XMBPC v0.8.8 Changelog:
- Fixed: PS2Loader did not start some games
- Fixed: PS2Loader should now recognize ALL games
- Fixed: Some graphical fixes on the Downloader
- NEW: PS1Loader, you can now start PS1 Games directly from XMBPC (.BIN FORMAT ONLY!!!).
- NEW: Now recognizes PS1 Game Discs (But they are not working yet, only manually)
- Updated: "PS2 Games" folder renamed to "PS2/PS1 Games", PS1 & PS2 games will be shown there
- Other stability fixes
XMBPC v0.8.9 Changelog:
- PS2Loader: Disc supported improved, now recognizes really all games
- PS1Loader: Disc supported also improved, now recognizes all games
- Updated: Cross/Square/Circle buttons
- Added: Clock and notifications (Upper right)
- Other minor fixes
- XMBPC now fullscreen
- ISO support for PS2 & PS1 games improved
- Other minor fixes