170w ago - Last week we reported on the first PS JailBreak PS3 modchip clone called the x3JailBreak followed by some production pictures, and today the official site (linked above) has been updated with x3JailBreak specifications, pre-order dates and shipping details.
To quote: Scheduled Timeline for X3Jailbreak [2010.08.30]
• We are looking to start shipping out the 100 free sample by Sept 3rd.
• We will start taking Preorder on Sept 6th.
• We are planning to begin shipping to our distributors on Sept 10th
• X3Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
• Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
• Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
• X3Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports all games
• Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
• Play backups off your hard drives which is 2x faster then if played from the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
• Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting X3Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
LS = X3 jailbreak
On their news , they said : "our dongle made in LogicS" They use the sample send by psbj to clone it. They didnt test any homebrew or other, all they want is make money on something they copy.
It's normal to sell a dongle 50$ when you just copy the orginal , cause you don't work on it ! All the time spent was for copy the € and the pcb , the rest you can find a lot of company will make it for 15 $ max.
I agree with ps3news, the cheaper the better for me, but I also understand what hacking means and making a living out of it. You could say I'm a profesional hacker I will not tell you what my area is but I make a living out of hacking some "stuff".
Hacking requieres A LOT of time, and if something I have learned in my business is the most precious thing we have is time itself. Even when hacking involves "stealing" or breaking to get free stuff, or whatever you name it hard work.
I know how they feel and why they think $160 is a good price, they probably have to split and have to deal with clones or a free solution around the corner. They aren't doing anything special they just want a quick grab of money because they will end up giving their product for 10$ or 20$ down the road. Most of us would probably be doing the same and trying to get a decent salary for those months or even years developing something like this.
I have worked literally a complete year like for "free" living on my savings to get a hack going, granted if things go right all those free months will be paid off and more to come but not everyone is so lucky. So if it works for them good for them, if it doesnt well thats what hacking is about you hack something and someone comes hack you hehehe.
We all know the risks and I wish the best of luck to them. And just to let you know most of the hacks end up on the net for free because information can't be stopped.