171w ago - Update: chesteruhi has now made available a PSGroove BlackCatUSB Fixed Leds hex code version recompiled with working leds- the blue led now lights up once exploit is running blue led turns off basically lets you know you did everything right.
We touched upon this in our previous article, and now comes more details on a PSGroove PS3 exploit port for BlackcatUSB devices alongside a few videos of it in action.
To quote: "All BlackcatUSBs (from version 1.2 on) use the same microcontroller (AT90USB162) and use the same software, drivers, and avr firmware. The only difference in the pcb versions is cosmetic.
So the BlackcatUSBs will all work no need to worry which one your buying, I have confirmed this. So purchase away before there all gone!
I have attached the blackcatusb hex for flashing and the manager pkg."
Following up on this news, Forum user thinnpikkins has gave it a try and shared two videos of it in action with us below along with the BlackcatUSB Flash Memory Programmer specs!
BlackcatUSB Flash Memory Programmers
• Fast 16MHz RISC processor
• 16KB programmable memory
• 2 DIP switches for mode changes
• Upgradeable firmware over USB
• On board reset button
• Universal CFI Flash programming support
• SPI Mode 0, 1, 2 compatible
• USB 1.1 / 2.0 compatible
This product includes:
• A BlackcatUSB Flash Programmer
• A standard USB A-B cable
• A 10-pin IDC interface jumper cable
• A 10-pin solderless adapter (not bulk packs)
• A regular 10-pin IDC header
• Free future software updates
• Free domestic and international shipping!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1. Put the black cat in DFU mode by flipping the switches to 1 and 2 then connect it to your PC and press the reset button on the blackcat.
2. Open up device manager
3. Click Action in the menu bar and add new legacy hardware
4. Click install the hardware that I select manually.
5. Highlight Show all devices and click next
6. Click Have Disk, then browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.1\usb\
7. Select atmel_usb_dfu.inf
8. After the driver installs just hit the reset button on the blackcat again and it will show up correctly.
9. Now open up Atmel Flip and select device at90usb162 from the little microchip in the top left
10. now click the usb icon and click usb, then click connect.
11. Load the hex file and flash.
12. flip the 1 and 2 switches back to operational mode and your done