• The graph screen is no longer blank upon exiting the application.
• The hook was being automatically installed when selecting 1) PS3 Jailbreak and exiting; this has been fixed.
• It's just generally more likely to work.
To quote: "I have to admit, I didn't think it was going to happen but... folks, the jailbreak works on the 89Ti. Proof, source, and release coming soon."
For the moment, those interested can check out his Jailbreak a PS3 from a TI-89 Titanium Calculator proof-of-concept video below!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
itzbilly: If you don't want to use the hermes payload, I guess you can patch the original example.bin from his website as usual by changing "/dev_xxxx" to "/dev_bdvd" in a hex editor ("2F 64 65 76 5F 78 78 78 78" to "2F 64 65 76 5F 62 64 76 64") and use that payload instead of the default.
I've attached the hermes payload as well as the patched example.bin
- Follow the guide included in the readme, and use the port1-descriptor (in binary-format) from hermes 4b as input
- Upload the output to TI-89
- Run the jailbreak-app on TI-89 (find it via "var-link"-button)
- Use the port1-descriptor-file as stage 1 (use "var-link") and remember to enable port 6