- Following up on his previous
release and plugin
, today PlayStation 3 developer exofreak
made available an XML modification to permanently remove the annoying Singstar Icon from PS3 UK consoles complete with a video demo below.
To quote: Do you have that irritating singstar game on your xmb? Do you want to have a clean xmb with only the things you need present? It will remove singstar and also stop it from appearing
Well now with a simple package installation you can kiss the singstar logo goodbye!
- MultiMAN over 4.XX.
- Any PS3 with custom firmware 4.XX. (Theoretically it should work on rebug but i didn't try it)
- A potato with more than 256 MB ram.
Copy, FTP or download the file named "PS3~dev_hdd0~tmp~explore~xil2~game.zip"
Use multiman and double click on the zip and it will auto install and remove Singstar possibly forever
Video showing the removal:
- If this doesn't work delete the folder dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil2/game/gb and reapply through multiman.
- The file can be downloaded directly into the ps3 via the official web browser and it can be saved to the ext hdd and applied via multiman.
- You can bring singstar back by deleting dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil2/game/gb folder.
- I don't know what all the fuss was about it took me around an hour to figure it out.
- I didn't try it on rebug but it should work.
Please tell me if it doesn't work because i think different ps3s have different number folder.