Instructions are for working on a linux box running Fedora 13:
Here is a modified version of PSFreedom for the N900 working on my Palm Pre. This version does not support Backup Manager. If Mods allow it I will post the compile module with and without backup manager support.
1. Connect your Palm pre to PC on drive mode and copy psfreedom.ko to it
2. ssh to your pre (or open terminal app) and insmod the module:
Now you should be ready to go
1. Turn completely off your PS3 with firmware 3.41
2. Connect your Palm Pre to the usb of PS3
3. Turn on your PS3 followed by rapidly pressing eject
4. Wait for your PS3 to reboot
After using your PalmPre for this exploit you should make a complete device restart to restore usb functions.
Finally, below is a video of it in action from Novis619 via YouTube!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
can someone make an app for this with the provided tools? I think that would be much easier than having to open Terminal each time and typing the script just to play something. One push of an app and it automatically turns ur phone to usb hub mode and runs the hack, close the app and phone is back to normal.