- Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation 3 developer exofreak
made available a PS3 XMB TV Services Mod and video for Internet Channels with details below.
To quote: I created this XML code for all you people interested in free 100% legal Internet TV and Movie Services. I use many popular Web sites which already provide these services and made it easy for you guys to access them.
Internet channels will appear in under the TV /Video Category it will give you access to 21 Internet Video Streaming Services. This includes the likes of BBC iplayer, ABC iview and many more. You can also stream selected free movies (hosted by Youtube). I have put in a TV Guide for referencing purposes and Radio channels including SHOUTcast...
You should know all the afore mentioned features run their respected websites to view content and are 100% legal. The sites are specifically created for the PS3, credits to the respected providers.
Install method is very easy.
1. Extract this (linked above) and Install PKG
2. Enable dev_blind from multiMAN and Copy the files from the XMB folder to dev_blind > vsh > resource > explore > xmb > paste here.
- Install the file EP0001-BCET00001_00-0000111122223333-A0100-V0109-PE.pkg
- Enable the dev_blind from multiMAN and copy the file category_tv.xml in the directory dev_blind / vsh / resource / explore / xmb.
Note: The 21 streaming channels are accessible only from firmware 4.21 and up. This code has a very tiny coded foot print and is incredibly light (less than 600kb) this will never ban your PS3.
This will work on every firmware over 4.21.