139w ago - Today Red Squirrel from Italian site PSP-Cheats.it (linked above) has released PS3 SFO Editor Linux Edition v1.0.0 for those who prefer not to use the previously released Homebrewed PS3 System File Editor v0.80 Windows version, followed shortly by a GUI version.
It's a Linux GUI to view and edit PS3's PARAM.SFO files. It does NOT contain any Sony's code or function, so it's a free homebrew at 100%. With the easy GUI you will can edit all PARAM.SFO parameters in just a moment, then the program will convert your choises automatically and it will write them in a new PARAM.SFO.
This is the first public release of this program and even if many deep tests have been made maybe there are yet some bugs. Use it at your own risk. If you find a bug please contact me at my website or my email to report it.
Note: If you experience issues, it executes properly with ./PS3_SFO_Editor_LE.gambas from terminal.
• Easy and user-friendly GUI.
• Possibility to change ALL parameters in PARAM.SFO.
This means you can edit: Version, App. Version, Title ID, Default Title, Localized Titles, Parental Lock Level, Required Firmware, ID Online (if present), Category, Video Resolution, Audio Formats and Remote Play option.
• Possibility to view an advanced grid with all effective PARAM.SFO keys and values.
GUI Changelog v1.0.0:
• Possibility to extract free PS3's packages (those packages that don't require a license!).
• Possibility to make your own homebrew packages (for install them in your Jailbroken PS3).
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!