- Shortly after the PS3 Firmware 4.00 Dev_Flash
dump by UpSilon
I have posted my method
and video (below) for PS3 Demo / Kiosk console owners.
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.00 Dev_Flash Dump for PS3 Demo / Kiosk
WARNING: Modifying dev_flash can be very dangerous! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that your on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)
- downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3
- once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
- swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
- place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
- then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
- run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
- goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the files included in the download when finished copying
- press the ps button and the console should reboot and and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
- turn on the console press the ps button twice
- the console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
- goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
- once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 kiosk firmware.
NOTE: This only allows installation of retail signed packages and is not modified to run unsigned code..
To Unlock the XMB: Hold L1+R1+Select+Square
simultaneously. When the security settings icon is selected. It will ask for you to input a code (four digit code). Enter 0000
if that doesn't work try 0219
. With a video here:
Quick note: If you want to play games online you need to download and install the update via install package files cause kiosk doesn't download game updates. I just use charles to hijack the links and download them from a second PS3. Or you could boot the game and download them on 3.55 before you copy dev_flash and update to 4.00
Can install retail packages on 4.00 KIOSK firmware, can't mod to run unsigned code yet.. maybe you can?