149w ago - Today PSBeyond.com (linked above) reports that Elders Scroll: Oblivion and Fallout 3 PC mods are running on the PlayStation 3 using a PS3 hack on both JailBroken and Custom Firmware consoles, and 950931alonso has created a video and guide of the process.
To quote: The hacking scene is abuzz with reports that you can now run PC mods for both Elders Scroll: Oblivion and Fallout 3 on your PS3.
Anyone who has a jailbreaked PS3 can do so and we have seen evidence which proves the same. A user at one of the biggest PS3 hacking forums had this to say:
Thanks Denero, I got all these mods to work:
• The box of wonders (All weapons All ammo)
• Weight8000 (carry more items)
• No Degradation
• Skeleton key
• Speed Glasses
A video has also emerged on youtube which shows Elders Scroll Oblivion PC mods being run on the PS3.
Finally, another brief Fallout 3 guide based on THIS thread is below:
The following tutorial will teach you on how to get Fallout New Vegas Mods on PS3. To do this you need:
• A mod. I used THIS one as i knew the location of the mod as it is Doc's house.
• FALLOUT.INI from your backup of Fallout NV. You can get it to your PC via the useual ways.
1. Download your files to your pc
2. Rename the mod file something shorter for ease. I used dev1.esp
3. Open FALLOUT.INI and go to STestFile2= and enter the name of the mod e.g - STestFile2=dev1.esp
4. Search for sEssentialFileCacheListE= and go along and put " DATA/DEV1.ESP," behind one of the , already there.
5. Save FALLOUT.INI upload it back to your PS3 and put the mod file dev1.esp into your DATA folder for Fallout New Vegas.
6. If you had previously been playing Fallout New Vegas without restarting your PS3 then reload the game via OM / BM / GM
This hasn't been testing on loads of mods so you may find problems with other mods. Good luck.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hey 950931, you're saying that the OBLIVION.ini, INSTALLEDDLC, and BSA's go into the Saved data folder(and the backup folder, of course)? I read the readme in the first post and it says to add those files into devhd001>game>[gameid]
Just asking... cause I can't find the gameid in the saved data folder...
It's certainly possible. I'm still testing with other backup loaders, specifically the last release of multiman. Most recently, I've tried getting the midas magic mod to work that 950931 graciously posted. The game did not crash, but the mod did not work, either. I really have no idea why.