- Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation 3 developer exofreak
is back with a multiMAN
Integrated XMB which allows users to download, install and launch multiMAN and its tools from the PlayStation 3 XMB menu.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: I have been using mutiman personally since the day i got my PS3 so it was always my main backup manger. No matter what firmware i was on i always had multiman installed.
I decided to make an entire folder for multiman into the xmb. This folder is meant to contain multiman and all of its supporting tools on the XMB.
It makes it alot easier for users to Download, Install, Launch mM and all the Other Apps (Showtime, lastGAME) from within the xmb eliminating the need for a PC..
- multiMAN and Various Tools will appear in this folder instead of the game category.
- Download multiMAN and Other Tools straight into your ps3 without using a PC. This includes all the files in the multiMAN web column.
- Install Additional multiMAN apps like lastGAME8 and bdReset2 etc, these apps are in the package and don't need to be downloaded.
- Browse the multiMAN Game Folder and Delete Game Covers, Clear Cache etc, from within the directory.
- Donate to deank and support the development of multiman.
To install, extract the files and FTP or Copy them to multiMAN, then double click the zip files in multiMAN. Done.
To make multiMAN and Other Tools appear under the multiMAN category you will have to install a small update pkg for each app.
1. In the package you should find a few pkg files.
2. If you want for example lastGAME to appear under the new multiman category you have to install this pkg into your ps3.
- Deank (Buy him a non alcoholic beer!)
- Team XMBM+
Finally, here is a [Register or Login to view links]
as well. To quote:
The is my first officially released mm theme. Although i have been making themes for a while, this is the first one i am releasing.
Beyond Two Souls is a really well crafted game. I believe it stands among many other great games released this year. This theme is in honour of the brilliant masterpiece that is Beyond. Enjoy.
I changed all the backgrounds, Used official icons instead of default ones, the theme audio is the main theme of beyond two souls. Its in multimans proprietary .thm format so its very easy to install and remove later instead of .pkg format which is permanent. I didn't do anything with the xmb icon because i dident feel it necessary. The backgrounds are full 1080p.
- Double click the file in mmOS.
Launch Game Backups Directly from XMB! (No Manager/Last Game Required) by Exofreak
: You can now do everthing that i initially attempted without going through all the hassle
- Install this initial plugin before anything ([Register or Login to view links])
- Then install prx loader ([Register or Login to view links])
- Then install this plugin into prx loader (deanbg.com/webftp_server.sprx)
Thats it. Everything will be automatically be done for you. Disregard the rest below, its for dev's
I made some XML Mods for the people willing to test them out. Basically I replaced the IP with a local proxy (thanks to deank). Now Games can be mounted onto the XMB directly from the PS3 and on any PS3
I have made xml for only 4 games yet. The best part is that it isn't necessary for you to have all 4 xml enabled as i made each separate so if you only need gta5 you can remove the rest. First thing you need to do is rename your game backup folders
rename your game backups to:
- The Last Of Us
All the above games must be on the internal hdd and in the GAMES folder (sorry GAMEZ is not supported yet)
- Assassins Creed III MUST BE ON USB001
Sorry if its inconvenient but hey at least it works. Second use multiMAN to install what ever necessary game xml you need so if you need gta5 open the gta 5 folder from the downloaded link and double x the zip file. Then open the main install folder in the rar and double x both of the zip files. That's pretty much it.
You will need the latest version of prx loader and you must have this (deanbg.com/webftp_server.sprx) new prx (v1.05) by my buddy deank installed.
Thanks to deank.
With the help of the prxloader and the webbrowser plugin, you can now mount games directly from any web browser.
So if you modify the ps3 web browser to have shortcuts of the web browser, and each shortcut redirects you to the mount location of any selected game.
Don't get it? than check out this video demo i made above.
- Very fast compared to other methods (It takes only 3 seconds as opposed to 32 sec with multiman and 19 sec with lastGAME
- Efficient requires almost 0 mb and has very basic xml structure
- No ban risk, there is zero ban risk. You can mount games with psn logged in with ease.
- Looks more natural on the xmb
- JUST THE WEB BROWSER! each time you select a game it uses only the default browser
- Requires basic xml knowledge. The end user to make his own xml structure with his own ip and folder structure.
- Requires multiman to be installed
- The biggest problem is than since everyone has a diffrent unique ip, there is no way i can make a defult one that works with everyones ps3
- Download and install [Register or Login to view links]
- Launch it
- Download the files: [Register or Login to view links]
- Double click the zip's in multiman
- Quit to xmb
Now in the xmb you will a new folder in the games category, it will have some games which will always give you an error (IP Conflict) but you can get an idea what your games would look like.
I am really sorry if this isn't enough because this is all i could give you mainly because of the ip conflict. But this info deserves to be know in the scene.
You can xml edit and replace the ip and folder structure with your own. You can also change the title, add info, change the pic.
I am writing a tutorial, that makes this process simpler. Till than this is just a POC. XML is pretty simple ill make a good tut with images and stuff soon :}