- Below is a video from MaemoItalia
demonstrating how to control the PS3 with the Nokia N900 via BlueMaemo.
is a remote controller program for the Maemo-powered devices. With BlueMaemo you can turn your Maemo-powered device in a mixed Bluetooth keyboard-and-mouse device through the HID Bluetooth profile.
When you have a PlayStation 3 or PC running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X the PS3 / PC is Bluetooth-ready and supports the HID Bluetooth profile. You have a Nokia Nseries phone with BlueMaemo loaded and you're now in control.
Windows XP and Media Center Edition:
• Turn bluetooth on.
• Start BlueMaemo on the device.
• Go to the bluetooth preferences and choose 'Add a new device'.
• Choose the device and choose a blank password (you can also choose a numeric password the PassAgentKey will appear on the device asking for the password).
wrote a BlueMaemo pairing guide
for PS3 users, to quote:
The steps I do to pair are: On the PS3 go to the menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Manage Bluetooth Devices.
• Press Register New Device and Start Scanning
• On the n810 I make sure bluetooth is on and open bluemaemo.
• The PS3 will as to enter a key which I typed into the n810. It then gives a message that they are now connected (the n810 just says "Connected to:", as in the ps3 does not have a name)
• To use the most keys (including direction buttons) you have to be on the keyboard profile or assign them in the game controller.
• To use the triangle button you have to be on the mouse profile.
The buttons are:
Triangle: Right mouse button
Circle: Escape (back button)
Check out the video below!