56w ago - Following up on his previous PS3 TrueAncestor EBOOT Resigner updates, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer JjKkYu has released a new application he calls TrueAncestor PKG Creator v1.0 with details below.
I bring you another TA series app - TrueAncestor PKG Creator. I hope you will like this powerful and easy-to-use pkg tool.
1. No more typing command line.
2. No more editing conf file.
3. Support to create more than 10 types of pkg.
4. Support to load ContentID from pkg / auto-generate ContentID.
5. Manage pkg in one folder.
6. Instructions for n00bs.
Tip: To find ContentID PSN Games (echo ContentID = XX0999-NPWR02172_00-PURCHASEDLICENSE>package.conf) for extracted games that don't have PS3_DISC.SFB for the ContentID there are three methods:
1. From PKG, you can use the creator and choose option 6 to load ContentID from PKG.
2. From EBOOT, you can open an EBOOT with a hex editor, search "NPD" in ascii, and you get it.
3. From EDAT contained in PSN game or DLC, open EDAT with a hex editor, ContentID is in the first 3 lines.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
seems like naehrwert found that hes SELFs are working on 3.56. And are working on a update of scetool yet again (0.1.1 doesent make valids - twitter.com/#!/naehrwert/status/153570111750545408)
no it seems 3.56 doesn't check for it, only 3.56+
But not generated by version 0.1.1, I'll release a fixed one soon!
apparently NPDRM SELFs generated by scetool DO work on 3.56 lol