102w ago - Shortly following the True Blue v2.4 PS3 dongle update below, today EussNL has made available an UnPKG'd / UnSELF'd version, the JB2 TB v2.4 payload and an IDA update which contains fixed EBOOT data for other PlayStation 3 developers.
The True Blue PS3 dongle 'marketing team' have made an announcement ( which sounds worse than what you'd expect to hear from $ony themselves ) regarding the JailBreak 2 TB v2.4 update and clone dongles as well.
For those with a dead True Blue dongle, Mark Webber has posted the following method to attempt repairing it via: ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2047-JB?p=23677#post23677
JB King is not a 1:1 clone, it uses an ST IC for communication with a PC, the TB does not have this at all. There is a very simple way to repair a "dead" TB dongle but you will need some hardware to do it. The cause of the "death" is that the SPI is blanked out - fill in the blanks.
1. Remove SPI flash from TB board
2. Put into programmer
3. Load 2Meg file and flash SPI
4. Replace SPI back onto TB board
5. Put back into PS3 & update as normal.
I did tell everyone way back the TB had a suicide mech built-in. The TB will erase the SPI flash and leave it dead in the water as soon as it detects an attempt to do anything to it. The sad thing is, it is doing it with false positives as well, hence so many dead dongles.
Finally, below is the official True Blue Update 2.4 changes from the ReadMe file as follows:
True Blue Dongle Update v2.4
How to update:
1. Make sure your PS3 is running the True Blue "3.55-Dongle" CFW (custom firmware)
2. Copy TrueBlueUpdate-2.4.pkg from this archive to a USB flash drive
3. Boot your PS3 _WITHOUT_ True Blue inserted, and then insert the USB flash drive
4. Navigate to (Game) -> (Install Package Files), and then select TrueBlueUpdate-2.4.pkg
5. The True Blue updater will be installed onto your PS3 HDD
6. Navigate to (Game) and load "True Blue Update v2.4"
7. The updater will start, and will then prompt you to insert the True Blue dongle. Insert it only at this point, and continue. Your dongle will then be updated
8. After the update procedure has completed your PS3 will reset, and you will then be able to enjoy your updated dongle
9. You may delete the True Blue Updater from your HDD after the update is complete
Enhanced dongle security
Fixed games requiring "BD Mirror"
True Blue firmware version is now displayed on the XMB "System Information" screen
Initial worldwide release
Support for running "True Blue" titles directly from HDD via standard backup managers
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Siggy12 Convert to a Dex and use the update to make the fresh new released game work. And if there is no update then we need to dump it out of ram with coredump function.
utar oO The Coredump function is a embended system of the debug FW and get handled of liblv2dbg. The send signal call aka send_signal_to_coredump_handler() and the trigger function are always running and CAN NOT be deactivated.
This have nothing to do with any custom syscall. Please download a SDK, Install it and read the documentation about the Core Dump function.
In none technical language I assume you mean that you do a memory dump once the eboot has been decrypted. How does this work with post 3.55 firmware? Wouldn't you need to have level 1 or 2 peek and poke access to trigger the exception and core dump which we don't have?